Mana in Mahi
Looking for entry-level staff and able to offer training?
WECA has secured a contract with MSD to provide a service to WECA members to help them find suitable currently unemployed or at-risk young people to take on Government subsidised workers, and provide follow up support for 12 months. Be quick! There are only a few placement opportunities left.
Be quick and contact Mary Jensen to discuss your opportunity further – [email protected] or 021 2955951.
Mana in Mahi Facts
• Must offer at least 30 hours per week for at least 12 months at at least the adult minimum wage, plus further training opportunities.
• Receive $9580.00 wage subsidy (paid in three lump sums) from MSD
• Up to $2000.00 for pre-employment training and work readiness costs (including driver licensing, or any license specific to the business or industry, Site Safe, etc).
• Will be 18 – 24 years of age, unemployed or 'at-risk'
• Receive assistance with transitioning to work (e.g. equipment, transport such as assistance to purchase a bike or petrol or bus fare for the first week.)
• Work on a plan with employers to receive incentive payments (supplied by MSD) of up to $1000 on 91 days, 182 days and 365 days (total up to $3000) of continuous employment
• Finds placement opportunities
• Identifies employer needs and “workplace buddy”
• Sets up interviews to select successful candidate(s) and briefs employer and buddy
• Provides pastoral care for employee
• Is a point of contact for the employer
• Collates feedback